West Port Timber Windows and doors offer a range of veneered, laminated and solid timber fire doors in a variety of styles, colours and wood grain finishes. External Fire doors are available in a 30-minute (FD30) or 60-minute (FD60) options.
FD30 FIRE DOORS
West Port's FD30 doors are amongst the most robust and reliable fire doors available in the UK.
Subjected to rigorous testing by both Cambridge Fire Research and BRE, West Port’s door managed to withstand high temperatures over the 30 minutes requirement by 40%
• Solid Maelstrom hardwood faced Door Blade
• Combined SBD and Fire Certification
• 1.8 U-value with double glaze, full glass,and 54mm door blank
• Door set tested with fire both sides
• Every door we provide is supplied complete with relevant markings to verify the door’s fire integrity
• Temperatures reach almost 1000 degrees Celsius during testing
• Tested to British standards BS476 part 22
• The complete design has been tested including the accessories – glazing, letter plates, air vents, etc
FD60 FIRE DOORS
The FD60 fire door is also available in the West Port fire door range. Crucially, like all West Port fire-rated products, our fire doors have been tested as an assembled door set, giving the most accurate assessment of their performance in a real fire. Many other manufactures test fire door component separately, leading to misleading results.
* First fire tested in 2002 and extensively since
* Maelstrom Hardwood faced Door Blade
* Combined SBD and Fire Certification
* Exceeded the BS476 pt22 FD60 requirement
* Every door we provide is supplied complete with relevant markings to verify the door’s fire integrity
* Temperatures reach almost 1000 degrees Celsius during testing
* Tested to British standards BS476 part 22
* The complete design has been tested including the accessories – glazing, letter plates, air vents etc
* Door sets tested with fire from both sides
COMMUNAL & INTERNAL FIRE DOORS
West Port Timber Internal and Communal fire door sets have been rigorously tested in specific full scale tests to British and European standards at UKAS accredited test houses.
Internal and Communal fire door sets have an important function to protect escape routes from the effects of fire so occupants can reach means of escape. They also enable the Fire & Rescue Service to carry out their operational duties within compartmented areas.
FIRE DOOR SCREENS
Glazed internal screens are increasingly being specified as a more sophisticated alternative to conventional brick or concrete wall constructions. These often expansive amalgams of wood, glass and doors have become particularly fashionable in Schools, Offices and other Public and Commercial buildings for applications such as corridors, lobby’s and partition walls.
TESTING & PRIMARY TEST EVIDENCE
At West Port we treat fire safety with the utmost seriousness, and our fire-rated products are among the most robust and reliable in the industry. The more primary test evidence a manufacturer can call upon, the wider the scope of results, and the greater the suitability of any individual solution. Having a large pool of test data to draw upon allows us to work with specifiers to offer custom fire door designs and configurations. West Port has a policy to only provide fire doors where primary test evidence is available.